Saturday, June 20, 2015

SHOOTING PRESIDENTS! @ ZAMBOANGA CITY 1990 to 2014

This title, "Shooting Presidents" is taken from my Facebook album dated June 2009.

I always feel some fondness for this album because if we are not politically inclined (and definitely, I am not!), we may never ever see any President anyway! 

Also interesting were PSG checks and protocols, which we are not used to at all!

These next set of THROWBACK photos were taken with me present during the activity and also those that were taken by me when I once was a so-called "volunteer photographer" for the Archdiocese of Zamboanga to help in documentation as requested by Msgr. Crisanto Dela Cruz.

1990s: (President Fidel V. Ramos 1992 - 1998)
during Philippine Asean-Japan Friendship Association (PAJAFA ) days 
in the 90s with Pres. Fidel V. Ramos!
this was taken at Malacanang Palace 
1998 : (President Joseph "Erap" Estrada 1998-2001)
took a picture of President Joseph Estrada in Zamboanga City 
during the meeting...at that time, I was satisfied just to get a shot...
no need for me to be in the photo!
in 1998, in MCIC Pres. Erap with the late Mayor, Ma. Clara Lobregat and then Congressman Celso Lobregat...part of Zambo's history!

this was taken at the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (MCIC) Dedication in Zamboanga City




2004 (President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo 2001 - 2010)
2004 at the Inauguration of Centro Pastoral, Zamboanga City

with ABP. Carmelo D. F. Morelos during the ribbon-cutting
President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Vice-President Noli De Castro and Archbishop Carmelo D.F.Morelos

2005
President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo at the
Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception


President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo at the
St. Joseph Church Parking Lot area in Nunez Street

GMA at the St. Joseph Church during the reception...
is it obvious that I wanted to take a picture of my son with her?
2014 (President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III 2010 to present)
During the Philippine Quality Award Ceremonies last March 20, 2014 at the Rizal Hall, Malacanan Palace 

Receiving the Philippine Quality Award for Ciudad Medical Zamboanga (Zamboanga Polymedic Hospital Inc) from President Benigno Aquino III
at Malacanang Palace
Five Recipients for the Philippine Quality Award 16th Cycle from President Benigno Aquino III at Malacanang Palace, including Ciudad Medical Zamboanga (Zamboanga Polymedic Hospital Inc)
I never thought that in my life, there would ever be a time to stand beside the President of the Philippines for a special reason and even more, for a national award. Sometimes, I think I must really be of "age"!

Looking through these photo make me smile and think of the different reasons why we are "shooting" Presidents.... and oh no, not in a negative way!

As these images flash through my eyes, I am now thinking, my life is interesting, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment