Sunday, October 27, 2013

ZAMBOANGA CITY HALL LIGHTED FOR FIESTA PILAR OCTOBER 2013!

One of the main attractions of Zamboanga City is the lighted Zamboanga City Hall during Christmas season!
For this year, I didn't expect this anymore after the Zamboanga Crisis with the MNLF Stand-off and the Zamboanga flooding!!!
For the Fiesta Pilar 2013, the celebration is concentrated in the religious activities with all the other La Hermosa events cancelled.
People have gotten used to the curfew too, although, the curfew is now from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
So, I had the surprise of my life when I saw the beautifully lighted century old Zamboanga City Hall with laser lights.

The effect is also so different from the Christmas lights we have had for the past years that I have seen it!
Isn't it beautiful!!!
And really loud music accompanied the play of lights!!!
And of course, there has to be one with the Military Tank!
The tank is now one of the favorite photo sites wherever it is parked!
The brightly lit Zamboanga City Hall scene made me so happy...as it always had every Christmas!
But maybe, there is more joy now... because it made me feel that things are getting better!!!
The soldier said that the City Hall was lighted starting last night (October 11) and the lights close at 10 p.m. 
You might want to visit this area, too!!!   

1 comment:

  1. Brightly lighted City Hall as always.. It's Christmas and I'm looking forward to see our very own city hall brimming with lights.

    ReplyDelete