Sunday, October 27, 2013

FIESTA PILAR: CHAVACANO DANCES AT THE ZAMBOANGA AIRPORT @ OCTOBER 2012

I was very happy to see that there are Chavacano Dancers welcoming locals and visitors to Zamboanga City during this Fiesta Pilar 2012 celebration!
I got carried away clicking my camera that the person fetching me thought I missed the plane (LOL)! (I didn't go out of the Aiport right away!)
I wasn't able to bring my DSLR so I had to make do with my trusty Nikon P300 compact camera. I would like to share the photos I got which I converted to gif's. Definitely, not video but I enjoy viewing gif's too!
The Chavacano songs they danced to that was familiar to me were "Vamos a Zamboanga" by Norma Camin- Conti and "Chabacano" composed by Bobit Navarro.
Thanks to the La Cultura dancers, fourth year high school students of the Don Pablo Lorenzo High School with choreographer, Edgar Austero.
Th La Cultura Dance Troupe of Don Pablo Lorenzo danced for all arriving flights!  In the next days, other High School dance troupes will take turns dancing for Zamboanga locals and guests!! Viva Fiesta Pilar 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment